updated March 19, 2020
If you would like anything added or updated please email email@example.com
Alberta Chief Medical Officers Updates
Alberta Frequently Asked Question of the Public on the Coronavirus
Alberta Health Link 811
For out-of-province or internet phone users, call 1-866-408-5465.
Alberta Mass Gathering Restrictions
Effective March 17: New public health measures are now recommended to limit the time Albertans spend in large crowds and crowed spaces.
Alberta Motor Vehicles Update Coronavirus
To help support Albertans self-isolating and practicing social distancing, we are extending expiry dates for Alberta driver’s licences, vehicle registrations and other permits and certificates until May 15, 2020.
Alberta Provincial Health Ministers Updates
Banks and credit unions
- Business members should contact their credit union directly to work out a plan for their personal situation
- Small business customers can:
- apply for a payment deferral on loans and lines of credit for up to 6 months
- access additional working capital
- Other businesses and agriculture customers can access support on a one-on-one basis. Further solutions are being considered at this time
Canada – Frequently Asked Questions
Canada Health Minister Updates
Canada Public Health Agency
The Public Health Agency of Canada empowers Canadians to improve their health. In partnership with others, its activities focus on preventing disease and injuries, promoting good physical and mental health, and providing information to support informed decision making. It values scientific excellence and provides national leadership in response to public health threats.
Canada Response Plan
- The Government of Canada encourages all Canadians abroad to register with the Registration of Canadians Abroadservice to get the latest updates on the situation at their destination.
- Eligible Canadians currently outside Canada who need financial assistance can contact us at finances.CV19@international.gc.ca.
- For all other consular emergencies, Canadians can contact the nearest Government of Canada officeor Global Affairs Canada’s 24/7 Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa at +1 613-996-8885 (collect calls are accepted where available) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian Border Services
Canadian Income Tax filing and updates
Centre for Disease Control ( CDC)
Champion Business Directory
Cleaning in Public Facilities
Doctor Access Remotely
Babylon by TELUS Health is a free healthcare mobile app that allows you to check symptoms, consult with doctors* and access your health records*
Emergency Services Canada
Emergency Preparedness Alberta
- Coping and Connection for Children & Families During COVID-19 (AHS)
- COVID-19 and Your Mental Health (AHS)
- Practical and Emotional Preparedness for a Pandemic (AHS)
Hospital Information for People Visiting Patients
Infection Prevention and Control Canada
IPAC Canada is a multidisciplinary member-based association committed to public wellness and safety by advocating for best practices in infection prevention and control in all settings.
Changes to the Employment Standards Code will allow full and part-time employees to take 14 days of job-protected leave if they are:
- required to self-isolate
- caring for a child or dependent adult that is required to self-isolate
Market Street Foods Vulcan
Money and Resources for person(s) of need – will continue to update
Important Phone Numbers
• Addiction Helpline – 1-866-332-2322
• Family Violence – Find Supports – 310-1818
• Income Supports – 1-866-644-5135
• Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868
• Mental Health Helpline – 1-877-303-2642
• MyHealth.Alberta.ca: List of Important Numbers
• Toll Free Crisis Line / Distress Centres
o 780 area code: 1-800-482-4357
o 403 area code: 1-800-784-2433
Palliser Regional Schools
Life Med Pharmacy GUARDIAN
Pharmacy 218 Centre St Open ⋅ Closes 6 p.m.· (403) 485-2552
Market Street Remedy’sRx
Pharmacy 121 1 St S Open ⋅ Closes 6 p.m.· (403) 485-2919
Primary Care Providers Information
Personal Protective Equipment
Properly wearing Surgical and N95 masks where needed
N95 respirators and surgical masks (face masks) are examples of personal protective equipment that are used to protect the wearer from airborne particles and from liquid contaminating the face. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Donning and Doffing Surgical Disposable Gloves
As always please use 911 for emergencies only and in the case of an emergency dial 9-1-1 immediately. Advise the 911 operators if you have coronavirus symptoms or the virus.
Self Assessment – How to Self Assess
Self Isolation Suggested Procedures (Alberta)
Village of Champion office
is closed to the public. Staff are available by phone at 403 897 3833.
County services will continue to be available via telephone, email and other electronic means. Please contact us during regular office hours at 403-485-2241 or email email@example.com. If residents know the staff they have been working with they can continue to contact them directly.
Vulcan County FCSS
Wash Your Hands
World Health Organization (WHO) Updates